Thank you, Amazon, for sponsoring this conversation and providing this amazing service. All opinions are my own.
Yesterday marked a big day in the history of our family.
You see, we are BIG Amazon Prime fans. While I love supporting small businesses and do as much as we can, loading four kids in the car by myself and taking them into a store, is a test of my patience. I thought I was a super patient person, then I had kids.
While I love supporting small businesses and do as much as we can, loading four kids in the car by myself and taking them into a store, is a test of my patience. I thought I was a super patient person, then I had kids. We try to shop kid-free as much as possible, so we can find what we need and get out of the store. This means that a lot of our shopping is done online.
When I heard the whispers about Prime Now, I knew I needed this service, like NOW. I kept checking to see if the service was available in Colorado, but alas, it wasn't yet. My friends in Raleigh would comment about Amazon Prime Now and how great it is, while I sat impatiently waiting.
It was hard, you guys.
But yesterday. On June 15, 2017, Prime Now came to Denver!!
What You Need to Know
Are you an Amazon Prime Member? If not, do that right now. ONLY Amazon Prime Members can use Prime Now.
Prime members will be able to skip a trip to the store AND choose from tens of thousands of items ranging from Amazon devices and other electronics to diapers and household items. Shoppers can also now get their entire grocery shopping list including fresh organic produce, meat, and seafood from Sprouts Farmers Market delivered right to their doorstep with one and two-hour delivery. If you find yourself standing and staring at the pantry but can't find the items you need to make dinner? No worries! Hop on the computer or Amazon Prime Now app and place your grocery order online.
1. Prime customers can download the Prime Now mobile app or shop on www.primenow.com to use the service.
2. There are two delivery options for orders fulfilled by Amazon Prime Now:
- delivery in a two-hour window
- delivery in a one-hour window
3. Delivery fees vary depending on the delivery method you choose – 1-hour delivery is $7.99 and 2-hour delivery is free. The cost will be displayed at checkout when you place your order.
4. If they are having issues, it could be that your order will be delivered the next day. That's what happened to me. I placed my order Thursday afternoon and the only delivery options at check-out were for Friday.
5. The minimum order amount is $20. This is $20 from Sprouts Farmers Market or $20 from Amazon, this can not be combined between the two. Once you reach the minimum amount and place your order, you'll receive tracking updates via text message. You can also view your order on its way to you using a map in Your Orders in Your Account.
6. Some southern metro areas to Denver do not have this service available yet. Make sure to enter your zip code to see if Amazon Prime Now delivers to you.
7. The tip is automatically added to your total at checkout, but tipping is completely optional. It can be changed up to 24 hours after delivery.
Where is Prime Now Available?
Since launching in Manhattan in December 2014, Prime Now has grown rapidly to more than 30 cities in the U.S. Cities with access to Prime Now in the U.S. include:
- Dallas and Fort Worth
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles and Orange County
- Minneapolis and St. Paul
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose/East Bay
- Virginia Beach
- Washington, D.C. Metro
Prime Now for Dinner
I knew that we were having Tacos for dinner, but when I stood in front of the pantry, I realized that we didn't have anything for tacos, except taco seasoning. Grocery fail.
Dreading having to load everyone in the car or blowing our food budget for the month and eating out, I remembered that Prime Now had launched in Denver! It was super easy to log in, find what I needed, and check out. Only, there was a delivery error and the only time available for delivery was for Friday.
While I did have to figure out something else to eat for Thursday, Friday's dinner is all planned out!
I received a text Friday morning saying that my shopper was loading the cart with my order. He sent a text saying that one item on my list was out of stock but he could replace it with something else.
The delivery window was between 10 and noon. It was delivered within the two hours.
While it was frustrating that my order wasn't delivered yesterday, there are also hiccups and glitches to work out on opening day. I'll place another order next week and update you then.
The cold items were packed in the silver insulation, which is a nice touch.
I don't know who was more excited about the delivery, me or the kids. Ha! Prime Now is a game changer.
Do you have Prime Now where you are? What do you order?