There are many essential oils that I would never be without. Grapefruit essential oil is definitely on that list. I love adding a drop to my water. Yum! It's so refreshing. Grapefruit essential oil is cold pressed from the grapefruit rind. It is rich in the powerful antioxidant d-limonene, and was traditionally used to support the body’s natural defenses. Not to mention it's an uplifting and energizing essential oil – excellent to bring you out of the winter doldrums. Is anyone else ready for Spring?!
20 Uses for Grapefruit Essential Oil
For the Home:
- To purify the air in your home or office, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser.
- To create your own household cleaner, add 5-6 drops to a quart of distilled water and put in a dark colored, glass spray bottle. Shake well before using. The oils will rise to the top after sitting.
- Create a pick me up room spray by adding 10 drops to 2 oz of Distilled Water and putting them in a glass spray bottle.
Health and Beauty:
- To relax, mix 16 oz. epsom salt, 20 drops of orange oil and 10 drops of grapefruit oil together in a dark colored glass jar. Add 1/2 cup of the mixture to a hot bath for a rejuvenating soak. Seal the jar and store the remaining mixture in a cool, dark place.
- To relieve monthly cramps, or to stimulate a delayed menstruation, add 2-3 drops to a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, and massage over lower abdomen.
- Add 1 cup distilled water, 2 tbsp. white vinegar and 5 drops grapefruit oil to a glass jar and shake well. Use the mixture as a toner after washing your face to remove excess oils from the skin. Apply with a cotton ball.
- To ease sadness and bouts of crying, use 2-3 drops in a diffuser, or use 2-3 drops on a handkerchief and periodically inhale.
- When your head hurts, diffuse 2 to 3 drops or add a drop to a carrier oil and apply topically.
- To relieve build-up in the gallbladder, massage 1-2 drops directly over the area of concern, or into the soles of the feet. You may also consider also using Di-Gize and Peppermint to support the digestive system.
- To reduce the appearance of hefty thighs, mix 1-2 drops with coconut oil, or another carrier oil, and massage into the body in a kneading pattern every evening.
- To curb sugar cravings, add 1 to 2 drops to your water or lemonade.
- To ease the pains of fatigue and stiffness in your hands, use 2-3 drops in a coconut oil and massage on affected areas. Can also use 3-4 drops in bath water with epsom salts, or use in a hot compress.
- Suffering from jet lag? Use grapefruit while traveling to help elevate your energy levels. Add it to your glass water bottles or inhale from the bottle.
- To ease symptoms of fatigue, diffuse the oil or applying a drop over your chest to increase your energy levels naturally.
- To pump your lymphatic system, add a drop to coconut oil and massage into the skin. Start at your hands and feet and massage inward towards the heart.
- Help your body cleanse itself by adding grapefruit essential oil to your water or smoothies and massage the oil directly over the liver.
- Help support your internal water filters by massaging the diluted grapefruit essential oil over your lower abdomen and back.
- To help curb addictions, apply 1-2 drops diluted topically over the stomach or back of the neck. You could also inhale from the bottle for an aromatic effect, or wear a diffusing necklace.
- To curb food cravings, either inhale from the bottle when cravings hit, or add a couple of drops to your glass water bottle.
- Discourage fleas and flies on your dogs and horses by spraying them with diluted grapefruit essential oil. NOT advised for cats.
As you can see there are many uses of Grapefruit Essential Oil. Do you use any of them regularly? I personally don't care for the taste of grapefruits, but I LOVE grapefruit essential oil.
After you order your Grapefruit Essential Oil , I will add you to our private Facebook Groups so you can learn more about the amazing world of essential oils. You can either start with a wholesale account. There is never any pressure to sell oils yourself. If you have any questions, let me know!
Have you ever used Grapefruit Essential Oil? What's your favorite way to use it?
*As with all citrus essential oils, avoid contact with direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use. Always dilute.