Let your mouth be open for those who have no voice, in the cause of those who are ready for death. – Proverbs 31:8
We live in a broken world. We watch movies and television shows that desensitize us to the horrors of the world. Every day the news is filled with images that we would just like to forget. We ignore it. If we pretend it’s not there, it will go away, right?
Dear friends, our brothers and sisters are fleeing for their lives in Iraq and Syria. They have been made voiceless in their distress. But now we will be their voice. We will speak for the refugees fleeing the violence. We need your support to love our persecuted brothers and sisters.
We can’t sweep these atrocities under the rug. We have to do something. We have to be their voice. We have to show them that God hears their silent screams to Him. We have to be the hands and feet of the Body.
But what can I do? I feel so helpless.
- Pray for the refugees and martyrs in the Middle East. Thousands of refugees are rushing into Lebanon.
- Create a photo or video holding a #IAmYourVoice photo. Grab yours here. Share the video and photo in your social media using the hashtag #iamyourvoice.
- Write a blog post bringing attention to the crisis happening in the Middle East. Lend your voice to support Christians fleeing from their homes in Iraq and Syria.
- Encourage others to join the campaign and to sign-up for the prayer team at http://iamyourvoice.org.
- Give to support relief efforts in the Middle East. Food for the Hungry (FH) is partnering with Lebanese Society for Educational and Social Development (LSESD) which works with the local church in the Middle East to help those fleeing the ISIS onslaught to find safety and shelter. Visit http://fh.org/refugees to give.
Watch this video to see their living conditions. The need is great and time is short.
Let them know that,
Alone, we are nothing, but through the blood of Jesus we are family and we will speak for you.
Visit http://iamyourvoice.org to learn how you can help.