You don't have to spend a lot of money in order to create memorable Christmas gifts for your friends and family members. All you need is creativity and a little bit of time in order survive the holidays without going over budget.
So today, I've put together a list of 15 handmade Christmas gift ideas which could cost you very little, but still be meaningful to those around you.
Be sure to read through to the end for a free printable bookmark set!
1. A sugar scrub is a wonderful handmade gift option for the winter holidays, primarily because it helps to counteract the harsh effects of dry skin.
2. Wrap a few DIY lavender-scented sachets in tissue paper for a simple, yet practical gift that keeps the home smelling fresh.
3. On a chilly day, nothing beats cozying up with a blanket and heating pad, so trust me when I say that your friends would love to receive a microwavable heating pad in their stocking!
4. Do you have any friends who struggle with stress, anxiety, or depression? Try creating a personalized essential oil blend for each of them, which they can diffuse at home, or even in the office.
5. Decoupaging is both easy and fun! One of my favorite gift ideas for the holidays is to make custom drink coasters using white tiles, Mod Podge, and any type of patterned scrapbook paper.
6. Spend a few minutes browsing at a craft store, and create a piece of jewelry that totally shows off your friend's style. It doesn't have to be complicated. In fact, simple almost always wins in my book!
7. Paint or stain a wooden picture frame, and write or stamp a quote on it that your friend would love. Include a favorite picture of you two or a meaningful piece of art.
8. Help your friends save on their Christmas home decor expenses and give them a handmade holiday sign or wreath. Make sure they have enough time to enjoy it before the holidays are over!
9. Yet another easy home decor gift idea is to embroider tea towels with holiday-themed patterns such as these.
10. You could even buy a small potted plant and decorate the pot according to your friend's personality. Paint it, make it Christmas-y, or simply tie some burlap around it and top it off with a cute gift tag.
11. Crochet a cup cozy with a tutorial such as this one for the coffee and tea addicts in your life!
12. Give your friend a mason jar mix of ingredients, along with a recipe, for making something yummy like a batch of cookies or a creamy cup of hot cocoa.
13. Spice mixes are wonderful gifts for even the most amateur of cooks. Make it easy on yourself and blend garlic (bulbs or powder) with salt to make a garlic salt seasoning.
14. Curate a movie night gift box. All you need is a small throw blanket, a few sweet treats, and a jar of popcorn kernels along with a homemade flavoring mix.
And finally, number fifteen…
15. Grab yourself these adorable (and free!) scripture bookmarks, print them out on colored cardstock, tape them to any type of patterned scrapbook paper that strikes your fancy, and then give them out to all your bookish friends!
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CRAFT TO DO FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
Jolene is a wife, DIY addict & cat lover who writes from her home in Los Angeles. She adores everything historical & vintage, and could happily wander through a used book store for hours without even buying anything. Grab a cup of tea & feel free to visit her blog, which features unique home decor ideas, DIY project tutorials, and tips on budget living.