Breakfast is my least favorite meal to make. I am barely awake. I need coffee to function. Quick and easy is a must for breakfast in our family.
What are typical breakfast foods for us? Cereal, frozen pancakes, frozen waffles, eggs, oatmeal, and bacon. Usually it’s simply cereal. While my coffee is brewing I can usually pour a bowl of cereal. Usually.
I know this isn’t a great option though. That’s why these Bacon and Egg Morning Muffins are wonderful. They can be made ahead of time and frozen. Pull them out of the freezer, use either the microwave or toaster oven to warm them up, and serve a yummy, filling breakfast.
Bacon and Egg Morning Muffins
½ c Green Pepper, chopped
½ c Onion, chopped
2 stalks Celery, chopped
1 Tomato, de-seeded and chopped
12 pcs Bacon, cooked and diced
1 tsp Butter for sautéing
1 ½ c Rice cereal
2 T Butter, melted
½ t Seasoning Salt
1 C Cheddar, shredded
2 T Milk
1 t Rosemary
½ t Chili flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 350
1. Add melted butter and seasoned salt to rice cereal. Mix thoroughly and set aside
2. Add 1 tsp butter to fry pan and add peppers, onion, celery and tomato to sauté for approx. 5 minutes.
3. Add the bacon and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. Grease a large muffin tin (6) or a smaller muffin tin (12) very well.
5. Spoon and divide the bacon mixture evenly to the bottom of each muffin cup
6. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk, rosemary, chili flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. After mixing well, add cheese and stir gently to incorporate into the egg mixture
8. Spoon the egg/cheese mixture onto of the bacon mixture in the muffin tin, evenly.
9. Spoon the rice cereal evenly, onto of the egg/bacon mixture in the muffin tin.
10. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
These freeze very well. Let cool and wrap individually, can be warmed up in the microwave with no problems!