Looking for a fun spin that incorporates a love for cookies and lollipops? The sugar cookie lollipop is a great mashup of both!
Kids will love decorating their own cookie and eating it, of course.
The possibilities are endless with this one.
Instead of having a decorating party, they would make great party favors. They stand alone by themselves too. Can you imagine receiving a bouquet of Sugar Cookie Lollipops?! It would be delicious!
Create a Decorate Your Own Lollipop Cookie set for the foodie in your life. They will love this!
Think outside the box and have so much fun!!
Make sure you use Royal Icing and not the stuff you buy in the can. The Royal Icing will make sure everything stays in place and holds the stick or decorative straw. I included affiliate links to make buying your supplies easier.
Homemade Sugar Cookie Lollipops
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter and Sugar until well incorporated
3. Add egg and the vanilla, and continue to mix
4. Slowly add the Gluten Free Artisan Flour Blend, in small increments, along with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until a dough forms.
8. Bake the cookies for approximately 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies begin to show a HINT of brown around the edges. Do not overcook.
9. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
10. When cooled, drizzle a small amount of royal icing ¾ of the way along the back of the cookie. Stick the holder on the cookie and let set completely before decorating.
Once the holder is attached, flip the cookies over and begin to decorate.
* note: Be sure to use Royal Icing because it “sets”, as in, it gets a bit harder and will hold the stick. Regular icing in a can does not set up and will not hold the stick.