Thank you, Amazon Prime Now for sponsoring this conversation. All opinions are my own.
Somedays, you wake up to find that the three-year-old turned off the refrigerator.
Why? That still remains to be seen. Her answer, “Cause I did.”
Thankfully everything was still cold to the touch. We had a talk about how we don't turn the thermostat in the fridge, even though it's tempting. But that did leave me unsure of the safety of the meats that had been frozen, thawed, and refroze. Yikes! I threw away what I was nervous about and started making a list of groceries, all while dreading taking everyone to the grocery store with me.
Until I remembered that last week Amazon's Prime Now came to Denver! I didn't have to load everyone in the car and drag them into the grocery store! YAY!! Problem solved!
I made a list of all the ingredients I needed for dinner and added some of the things we were running low on. I went to the Sprouts Farmer's Market section of the PrimeNow website and placed my order.
I really love how easy it is to order my groceries and that they are delivered to my house. The kids may or may not have come to the door in their pajamas.
What is for dinner? One pan steak fajitas. One pan means less mess in the kitchen! They are easy, delicious, and sure to become a favorite recipe.
One Pan Steak Fajitas
- 2 lb of flank steak
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce optional
- 1 yellow sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1 red sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange sweet bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Fresh limes or lime juice to finish
- Fresh cilantro optional garnish
- Corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine the oil and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Lay the steaks on your sheet pan or casserole dish and pour in the oil mixture. Add salt and pepper to your preference.
- Add the chopped peppers and onions to the sheet pan and turn everything to fully coat in the oil mixture.
- Sprinkle seasoning and place pan in the oven.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 140-150F.
- Remove from oven and place tin foil over the pan to vent and rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into strips and serve on warmed tortillas with a sprinkle of fresh lime juice and your choice of toppings.
Do you have Prime Now where you live? They are expanding their cities! Since launching in Manhattan in December 2014, Prime Now has grown rapidly to more than 30 cities in the U.S. Cities with access to Prime Now in the U.S. include:
- Dallas and Fort Worth
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles and Orange County
- Minneapolis and St. Paul
- San Antonio
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- San Jose/East Bay
- Virginia Beach
- Washington, D.C. Metro
If you don't have it now, maybe you'll have it soon.