This is a sponsored blog; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Macerich to review HGTV's Santa HQ.
Visiting Santa hasn't always been a part of our Christmas traditions. I can't remember exactly when I decided that I wanted the kids to have their pictures taken with Santa each year. But it's been a fun tradition to continue.
Last year, we missed our opportunity. Being new to the area and still trying to figure out what was where allowed time to slip away. That wasn't going to happen this year. Especially with HGTV’s Santa HQ at Flatiron Crossing, a Macerich Shopping Center, in Broomfield. We knew it was going on our Christmas Bucket List.
But when? The holiday schedule fills up quickly even when we are diligent in keeping things to a minimum. The great thing about Santa HQ is that you can make reservations! It's amazing for busy families. No more waiting in lines that wrap around the mall. You can hop online, select the date you want to visit, choose a time, and you're good to go.
HGTV’s Santa HQ
HGTV’s Santa HQ adds a whole new dimension to the traditional family Santa Claus visit by guiding visitors through an immersive, interactive holiday extravaganza that uses state-of-the-art digital technology. With 15 different locations at Macerich Shopping Centers, each Santa HQ location is set with a dazzling array of holiday experiences, including:
- The traditional photo-op with Santa Claus
- Elfie Selfie: Where visitors take a selfie and star in their own holiday video
- Elf-Ray Vision: Guests can explore Santa’s Observatory through the use of special goggles that trigger a series of augmented reality experiences at multiple locations throughout Santa HQ including two triggers at Entrance Arch; one trigger on exterior of the Workshop; Toy triggers underneath the Christmas Tree in the Workshop, and enhanced triggers in the observatory
- Naughty or Nice Meters: Where visitors can stand next to an interactive board to find out which list of Santa’s they made
- Light Show: With more than 10,000 individual holiday lights synchronized to the tune of “Carol of the Bells” to create an illuminated orchestra
Photos with Santa at HGTV's Santa HQ
To enhance the enjoyment of Santa HQ’s photos-with-Santa experience and spend less time waiting in line, guest can now select the date and time of their photos session by making a reservation online at https://santa-hq.com. The reservation system enables users to select and pre-pay for their photo package, and it gives them the opportunity to upgrade their package by making their family photo session days or even weeks in advance. The online reservation systems even have an opt-in text functionality to provide reminders about their Santa photo session reservation. How cool is that?!
They also offer Holiday Photos, so you can get the whole family dressed for the holidays.
In the Holiday Spirit of Giving
Visitors to Santa HQ will also be able to enjoy the holiday spirit of giving through HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving Drive. The program encourages visitors to donate new, unwrapped toys for local children in need with the goal of collecting over 1,000 toys per local. In 2016, HGTV’s Help Through Holiday Giving program collected over 66,000 toys benefiting local organizations like Forgotten Angel Tree, Salvation Army Angel Tree, Toys for Tots, and Spark of Love Stuff a Bus.
If you have an HGTV Santa HQ at a mall near you, plan to visit and make memories with your kids this holiday season. Mine are still talking about the experience and begging to go back. It was well worth it the trip.